The new paper mill is being built at site of ”Kamenskaya Paper and Board Mill” (Tver Region., Kuvshinovo city). The tender for installation of the paper machine (PM) was attended by such world leaders of equipment production and installation for pulp and paper industry as Voith Paper, Metso Paper and Andritz Group. The winner became Andritz Group that has a wealth of experience in equipment manufacturing and successful implementation of construction projects of factories in pulp and paper industry.
All decisions on PM configuration were taken on the basis of obtaining the highest product quality. PM technical capacities surpass all currently available productions of cardboard for flat layers of corrugated board and paper for corrugation from recycled raw materials in Russia. This provides the new main equipment with PM production line:
- New ANDRITZ stock preparation line includes all necessary sections for the qualitative disposal of various types of contaminations on the efficiency of at least 98%. The fractionation section and separate slushing of long fiber fraction allows to get a stock with specified parameters to provide the best mechanical properties of the end product.
- In PM there was installed a frame with two-side dewatering which enables to obtain equal distribution of fibers in the thickness of cardboard and paper. Combined press section with new shoe press section provides high dryness of paper sheet after the press section, higher mechanical properties of products, to increase machine speed and reduce steam consumption.
- Film size press provides optimum starch application in the amount of 5 g/m2 allowing to produce paper and cardboard with higher mechanical properties. New GAW (Austria) enzymatic starch preparation plant provides preparation of starch with specified parameters in automatic mode which enables to receive stable characteristics of mechanical strength and blotting capacity of paper and cardboard.
- Two scanners with new control system monitors and effectively operates quality parameters of the end product in automatic mode ensuring stable characteristics of the end product by thickness, weight and wetness.
- Winder makes possible to reel rolls of cardboard and paper of all formats and core sizes in a fully automatic mode.
New transport packaging line provides the highest quality of packaging and shipping to ensure product quality.
Width of PM – 4630 mm;
Speed of PM – up to 1050 m/min;
Maximum output - 875 tons/day, 253 500 tons/year.
Raw material – 100% recovered paper;
Manufactured products: recycled containerboard (testliner, fluting);
Weight of 1 sq.m– from 90 to 170 g;
The official launch date of the new paper mill - September 2013.